ITINERARY: A #CatskillsLove Day in Andes, NY
We asked some locals to put together some ideas for #CatskillsLove outings in our area. This itinerary includes spots in and around the village of Andes, NY.
1. Start your morning like a “local” with a hearty breakfast at Woody’s Country Kitchen at 85 Main Street and check back for dinner specials if you happen to be in town on a Wednesday night.
2. Enjoy a leisurely morning hike on the Andes Rail Trail that begins at the historic Depot Building at 266 Depot Street. The first section of the trail is a flat mile along the old rail bed spanning views of fields, woods and mountains.
3. Check out the stores, galleries and studios along Main Street and in the two block area that encompasses the village. Find penny candy, toys and hostess gifts at The Tin Horn, exotic textiles at Paisley’s, shop for vintage clothes at Clementine’s or grab some locally-made products at Dirty Girl Goat Farm and Andes General Store.
5. Join a yoga class at Streamside Yoga at 506 Main Street. The 40′ x 40′ studio overlooks a sylvan stream, making it an ideal spot for relaxation, deep connection and renewal.
6. For additional hiking choices and one of the area’s best views, The Palmer Hill Trail is two miles outside of downtown Andes. The 3.7 mile trail features spectacular views and ample parking at the scenic overlook just off Route 28.
7. Once back in the village, stop by Wild Common Wine at 49 Main Street to check out their latest offerings of small batch wine and spirits. If you’re lucky, you might show up on a day when they have a tasting party going on. And be sure to say hi to shop dog Lupita!
8. Check into The Andes Hotel for a restful night, but not before checking out the events schedule for evening activities in their Tavern which may include karaoke, live music or trivia night. Or head down the street to Wayside Cider & Taproom for some local cider and live music on tap there, too.